- The candidate for election as a Fellow normally
(a) Shall have been a Member of the Society for at least four years immediately prior to his application for election, and
(b) Shall have made a significant contribution to the practice of, teaching of, and/or research in ergonomics for a period of ten years subsequent to his being eligible for a Member of the Society, and
(c) Have made a substantial contribution to the activities of the Society; for example, through its Council, committees, publications and/or conferences.
- A Fellow may use the title 'Fellow of the Hong Kong Ergonomics Society', and the abbreviated letters FHKES.
- A Fellow shall have all the privileges of membership including participating in the General Meeting.
- A Fellow shall be a voting member and eligible for holding office in the Society.
- A Fellow shall act in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct, as determined by the Council of the Society, failing which his membership of the Society may be terminated.
|Categories of Membership||First-Year Subscription Fee according to the Application Approval Date a||Subsequent Annual Subscription Fee|
|Apr - Jun||Jul – Dec||Jan - Mar|
a Subscription period starts in April every year and ends in March of the following year. If an application is approved during the period from July to December, the first-year subscription fee will be deducted by 50% of the normal rate. If an application is approved during the period from January to March, the first-year subscription fee will be transferred to the next subscription period.